|Kingshill cottages are on the junction of Kingshill and Lower Street, the 1740 map shows there was a single building there. The 1794 map but suggests there was a different building on the site but neither map is precise. The 1839 tithe map supports the 1794 map but conflicts with some of the physical evidence. Kingshill House is a separate building but the 1839 map suggests it was part a terrace of cottages. Kingshill cottages were built by the Waldegraves but they may be named after the Kingsmills .