|The sale of some of the land of Parsonage Farm in 1785 refers to a field called Paddock Slade. The word ‘slade’ could be a variation on ‘sleight’ which is a tem used fo a filed used as sheep grazing and often implies steep and rocky hill land. The only description given is that it was number 9 on a map that has not yet been found in the Hampshire Archive which holds the original list. It is grouped with the main farm house and yard, which are known to have been in th Town , and fields called and Woods Leg Ground and Woods Acre which are numbers 7 and 8 respectively. Number 10 was described as ‘5 Acres adjoining’ which could match the description of several fields. The numbers 5 and 6 are not described and 3 and 4 are grouped with an estate with fields which are believed to have been in West end and Hollow Marsh. The fields are not named on the 1794 map.