|Corps Close and gardens was part of an estate involved in the sale of parts of Parsonage Farm in 1785. It was listed as number 92 on a map that has not yet been found in the Hampshire Archive which holds the original list. A Mr Corps paying poor rates in the early 18th century. He was probably John Corp, a hatter, who paid a bond £2 2s in 1756. This bond may have been to indemnify the parish from having to support an apprentice he had recruited for his hatting business. His business may not have been such a success because a John Corps was receiving poor relief in 1781.