|There are refrences to an estate called Coles Park in the churchwarden accounts in the early 18th century. These may be a reference to part of Coles farm . Richard Thistle was responsible for this estate for a short period. There are also references to Coly Close in Chewton Mendip which was rented by Richard Thiery in 1745. He was living in Coly between Hinton Blewett and Litton but other members of the family were paying for an estate in East End. The Thiery estate in Chewton Mendip was sometimes called Acridge Lane which is shown on the 1794 map but neither Coles Park or Coly Close are named and no references in the poor law book of the period has yet ben found.